Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Congratulations to Hot Shotin MF for winning the March TOTM!

View Poll Results: What do you think about the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engine?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

4 18.18%
  • It's okay, I've had a couple issues with it.

2 9.09%
  • It's been a nightmare.

16 72.73%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

6.0L Ford Diesel Engine Reviews

Register to stop seeing this ad!

The Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Truck had a really bad reputation when it first released. I'm curious, how many members here really ever had problems with this motor. What do you think of this motor? Please, give us the pros and cons, and rate this motor below!

Eats

the 7.3 was def a better motor... mileage, power, and reliability.

They are a nightmare, but having spent the last 7 years working on them on and off I would have to say that if you buy one knowing what you are getting into then you will enjoy it. I have never owned one but I recently purchased two 6.0L equipped Fords. I will be fixing all of the issues on one of them and then selling it. The other one I am going to spend the $5,000 and do all of the preventative maintenance and keep it. I like the Ford trucks you just have to understand what goes wrong on them and plan on spending the money to fix it right.

There is not one truck on the market that is perfect.

The Ford, Chevy, Dodge battle is and always has been a childish thing. They all have their issues and all of those issues have a fix.

They are aweful, but I've been told once you get it right you will have a good truck
    09 quad cab, 4x4, 6.7 cummins, smarty, ats trans, Goerend converter, copilot, afe megacanon, train Horns

6.0's are great engines once the known problems are addressed. EGR /Cooler deletes, studs in the head, etc. Very peppy , quiet running engines!
    A good bit of go fast goodies helping power a p-pumped 12 valve all running through a badly slipping auto.
    Cox Diesel Performance (864) 991-9263

I've never heard a quiet 6.0
    09 quad cab, 4x4, 6.7 cummins, smarty, ats trans, Goerend converter, copilot, afe megacanon, train Horns

My dad had an 03 6.0 he bought brand new. He ended up trading it in in 08 with i think like 70k miles cus the headgasket was going out and got under $10k for it and was turned away by a couple of dealerships.
    Josh
    2004 2500hd 6.0l 5 speed manual 17 inch 197 Eagle Alloys wrapped in 285/70/r17 hankook dynapro ats, K&N drop in replacement filter, true dual flowmaster exhaust for wakin the neighbors, NBS smoked recon cab lights, blacked out a lil
    02 Cavalier used mostly for pullin tail
    1983 Chevy K20 4x4... restoration work in progress
    No Dmax... YET

Always willing to give my opinion absolutely free of charge... cus anything else could be considered robbery

had 7 6.0l diesels and everyone broke down it was a nightmare, 3 of them were stock to
    Names Yezin im 22 and yes i bought my truck myself
    2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax, Efi live 150hp Idaho Rob , 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, SDP Egr Delete Pipe, Fprv shimmed, Pcv Reroute, All On mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, Rbp Locking Fuel Door, Recons with Led Reverse lights

Alto master clutch kit sitting at my house waiting on my money for built tranny
    thanks to suncoast for the free Clutch kit :rockin

my extended family has one. been towed into the shop more times than you can count on your hands. since the last visit/reflash it's been ok. they don't have 5+k to drop to get the thing trip worthy, and no one will buy a 04 CC/LB dually 2wd 6.0 PSD lol
    -Lee-
    Truck: 2007 Chevrolet Classic CC/SB LT1 LBZ 4x4 Leather Bench
    Performance:|Edge CS|3" Profab DP|4" straight pipe|
    Suspension:|265/75/16 Yokohoma Geolander AT/S|PYO's|leveled|Bilstein 5100's|
    Misc Mods:|PCV Reroute|Resonator Cap|spray in liner|UWS Deep Well Toolbox|
    to be installed:|EGR Blocker|Transgo Jr|Pump Rub fix|Torque Drive
    Wishlist...:|window tint|tow mirrors|CAT Fuel Filter|

Most of your issues with the 6.0 can be fixed.. EGR delete, Head studs, SCT tuner... also ditch the VGT turbo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast